Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Could I get a price check at Register 7?

I've been given many labels over the years. None have ever really fit. I am too much of a chameleon to fit a label. I'm not even a poser. I genuinely have an eclectic style, a varied taste in music, and a wide vernacular. I am sarcastic, flirty, disinterested, crazy, loud, shy, and funny. How I treat people and how I dress depends on my mood. I use who I am to weed out the people I can be friends with from the people who I will not get along with. Few people ever try to get to know me because they don't like their first impression of me. I think that's their problem. If someone doesn't like me the way I am then why should I change for them? I don't think I'm better than anyone. I do not associate with people who are rude or caustic. I try not to be that way. I do not expect people to change for me. I respect people for who they are even if I don't like them. Maybe my unwillingness to change makes me a bad person. Maybe it makes me a person who's comfortable enough with who they are that they don't depend on others to affirm themselves. The people that really matter like me for who I am so if you don't, you must not really matter.

No comments: